Questions to ask your doctor
Having breast cancer can sometimes feel overwhelming. You may have questions, but don’t know where to begin. Here are some ideas to help you get the conversation started.
Bring these questions to your doctor or nurse to learn more about KADCYLA.
Goals of treatment
- What are your goals for me and my cancer treatment?
- Is KADCYLA the right
choice for my type of breast cancer?
- How is KADCYLA
different from Herceptin® (trastuzumab)?
- How is KADCYLA different from chemotherapy?
- When will I start treatment?
The infusion process
- Where will I go to get my
- How often will I get my infusions?
- How many infusions will I get?
- How do I
prepare for my infusions?
- How long will each
- What should I bring with me to my
- Is there anything else I
should know about the infusion process?
While on treatment
- How long will I be on KADCYLA?
- How will you know if the treatment is working?
- What potential side effects should I be aware of?
- What should I do if I experience a side effect?
- Is there anything I can do to help with certain side effects?
- Are there any side effects that may require you to stop my treatment?
- What should I know about pregnancy and breastfeeding during or after treatment with KADCYLA?
My healthcare team
- Who is on my healthcare team?
- What can they help me with?
- How can I reach them?